Veterans Discuss Readjustment
Vet Centers offer a wide range of services to Veterans and their families at 300 community-based Vet Center locations.
If you have served in any combat zone, we are in your community to help you and your family with readjustment counseling and outreach services.
Find a Vet Center Near You
Vet Centers are across the US and surrounding territories (US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Guam, and American Samoa).
Hurricane MARIA: The following Vet Centers and Vet Center Outstations schedule adjustment within Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands
- US Virgin Islands currently CLOSED: St. Croix Vet Center Outstation, St. Thomas Outstation
- Puerto Rico currently CLOSED: San Juan, Arecibo, and Ponce Vet Centers
All Vet Centers within Florida are OPEN.
All Texas Vet Centers are OPEN.
There are multiple Mobile Vet Centers (MVCs) offering readjustment services at the following locations:
- NRG Arena (Main Entrance), 1NRG Park (Blue Section), Houston, TX 77054 (Mobile Vet Center)
- Lone Star Veterans Association, 2929 McKinney Street, Houston, TX 77003 (Mobile Medical Unit, Vet Center and Pharmacy)
- Beaumont VA Outpatient Clinic, 3420 Plaza Circle, Beaumont, TX 77707 (Mobile Medical Unit, Vet Center and Canteen)
- American Legion Post 658, 14890 FM 2100, Crosby, TX 77532 (Mobile Medical Unit and Vet Center)
- Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center (Dallas), 650 S Griffin St, Dallas, TX 75202 (Mobile Vet Center)
- Walmart, 23561 US-59, Porter, TX 77365, (Mobile Vet Center)
NOTE: Vet Center Call Center Counseling is also available 24/7 at 1-877-WAR-VETS (1.877.927.8387). (The Vet Center website update frequency is daily, with alerts as needed.) Veterans from storm-affected areas who require immediate assistance may contact the Health Resource Center Disaster Hotline at 1-800-507-4571.
We are the people in VA who welcome home war veterans with honor by providing quality readjustment counseling in a caring manner. Vet Centers understand and appreciate Veterans' war experiences while assisting them and their family members toward a successful post-war adjustment in or near their community.
Life isn't always easy after a deployment. That's where Vet Centers can help. Vet Centers across the country provide a broad range of counseling, outreach, and referral services to combat Veterans and their families. Vet Centers guide Veterans and their families through many of the major adjustments in lifestyle that often occur after a Veteran returns from combat. Services for a Veteran may include individual and group counseling in areas such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), alcohol and drug assessment, and suicide prevention referrals. All services are free of cost and are strictly confidential.
Mobile Vet Center
The Mobile Vet Centers (MVCs) of the Department of Veterans Affairs provide readjustment counseling and information resources to Veterans across the country. Like community-based Vet Centers, Mobile Vet Centers focus on services that help Veterans make the difficult transition between military and civilian life.
Vet Center Call Center
1-877-WAR VETS (1.877.927.8387) is an around the clock confidential call center where combat Veterans and their families can call to talk about their military experience or any other issue they are facing in their readjustment to civilian life. The staff is comprised of combat Veterans from several eras as well as family members of combat Veterans. The service is free for combat Veterans and their families so they may find resources they need at their nearest Vet Center.