Vet Centers (Readjustment Counseling)
Vet Center Eligibility
All Veterans are encouraged to seek Vet Center services. Any Veterans and active duty Service members, to include members of the National Guard and Reserve components, are eligible if any of the following applies:
- Have served on active military duty in any combat theater or area of hostility∗ (see footnote)
- Experienced a military sexual trauma
- Provided direct emergent medical care or mortuary services, while serving on active military duty, to the casualties of war, or
- Served as a member of an unmanned aerial vehicle crew that provided direct support to operations in a combat zone or area of hostility.
- Vietnam Era Veterans who have accessed care at a Vet Center prior to January 1, 2004.
Vet Center services are also provided to family members of Veterans and Service members for military-related issues when they aid in the readjustment of those who have served. This includes bereavement counseling for families who experience an active duty death.
|∗ Service in combat theater or area of hostility to include but not limited to:|
|World War II
(including American Merchant Marines)
Desert Storm/ Desert Shield
Operations in the former Yugoslavia area
Global War on Terrorism
Operation Enduring Freedom
Operation Freedom's Sentinel
Operation Iraqi Freedom
Operation New Dawn